Town of Walkersville, Maryland

Town Hall

21 W. Frederick St.
P.O. Box 249
Walkersville, MD 21793

History

The property was acquired by the Walkersville Water Company in the early 1900s to provide a water supply to the Town of Walkersville.  The Water Company was sold to the Town of Walkersville in 1959, so the property has been held in public ownership for more than sixty years.  The use of the reservoir was discontinued in 1975 but the property has remained in the ownership of the Town.  Over the years the Town has authorized use of the property for horseback riding, hunting, and forestry.